Chicago Christmas Events in 2019
While stepping out on The Ledge is a singular experience, we don’t expect you to spend the entire month of December at Skydeck! There are plenty of amazing Christmas things to do in Chicago — here are a few ideas for how to spend the holidays in the Windy City.
2019 Christmas Events in Chicago
- Christmas Around the World: Held at the Museum of Science and Industry and running from November 14, 2019 through January 5, 2020, this exhibit features a floor-to-dome Grand Christmas Tree surrounded by 50 trees and other displays celebrating holiday traditions the world over. It’s a great way to broaden your horizons while celebrating the season!
- Magnificent Mile Lights Festival: Coming in well ahead of Christmas Day, this event is a fantastic way to kick off the holiday season. On Friday, November 22 and Saturday, November 23, 2019, Michigan Avenue will be adorned with approximately one million lights on 200 Christmas trees. The rollicking party will be punctuated with themed activities and musical performances, with the whole event being kicked off by a Tree-Lighting Parade.
- Visit Millenium Park: This year, there are plenty of holiday events happening at Millenium Park — a top tourist attraction in Chicago. It starts with the City of Chicago Christmas Tree Lighting on November 22, but there will also be a publicly accessible ice skating rink from November 15, 2019 through March 8, 2020, the Millenium Park Art Market from November 22 through November 24, and even Christmas caroling at the Cloud Gate on November 29, as well as December 6, 13, and 20.
- Winter Wonderfest: Taking place at Navy Pier from December 6, 2019 through January 12, 2020, Winter Wondefest is an indoor event filled with carnival rides, indoor ice skating, and a variety of other holiday activities. With 170,000 square feet to explore, this is a jam-packed event that can really punctuate your holiday festivities.
- ZooLights: This annual event at the Lincoln Park Zoo features hundreds of displays along with seasonal activities such as photos with Santa, live ice-sculpture carving, a musical light show, and much more. This event begins on November 29, 2019, and runs through January 5, 2019, with special events happening on certain evenings.
Be Sure to Stop by Skydeck for a One-of-a-Kind Holiday Season!
Christmas in Chicago is filled with fantastic events; and if you’re spending the holidays in the Windy City, you owe it to yourself to check out our tips for visiting Chicago in winter. And if you’re ready to experience clear views from 1,353 feet in the air at Skydeck, contact us today with any questions — you can also purchase tickets online!