Welcome to Skydeck Chicago’s online media center. At 1,353 feet above the city, Skydeck Chicago offers stunning views of up to 50 miles and four states. The Skydeck is also home to The Ledge, a series of glass boxes that extend out 4.3 feet from the tower’s west side on the 103rd floor, providing never-before-seen unobstructed views of the city – straight down! Whether it is daring to stand out on The Ledge or learning about the Windy City, visitors get a ‘one-stop Chicago’ experience during their Skydeck visit. This site provides all of the information you need to write the perfect Skydeck story, including images and fact sheets, links to Skydeck’s social media channels and details on how to schedule a media tour.
Skydeck In The Press
- USA Today (online), 3/16/19 Things to See in Downtown Chicago
- USA Today (online), 3/14/19 Attractions for Preteens in Chicago
- WGN News, 2/10/19 Love Is In The Air As Couples Say ‘I Do’ 103 Stories Up In The Willis Tower
- Architectural Digest, 10/24/18 14 Architectural Structures That Are Perfect for Adrenaline Junkies
- National Geographic, 9/14/18 Destinations: Chicago’s Coolest Historical Spots
- UNIVISION, 9/4/18 ¿Qué se siente estar en el Skydeck, uno de los lugares más interesantes de Chicago?
- Travel + Leisure, 9/3/18 These Are the World’s Most Jaw-dropping Skyscraper Observation Decks
- Business Insider, 5/21/18 The most breathtaking view in every state
- DatingAdvice.com 5/16/18 – The Skydeck Chicago: Go Out on a Ledge to Share a Memorable & Romantic Moment With Your Special Someone
- Vogue Poland, 5/6/18 A Visit to a Windy City. Guide to Chicago
- Chicago Tribune, 5/3/18 Architecture: 20 must-see attractions in Illinois
- Chicago Tribune, 4/4/18 Jared Leto’s ‘Mars Across America’ stops at Willis Tower Skydeck
- What Would V Wear 2/14/18 Love on the Ledge: Our Vow Renewal at the Skydeck
- WCIU The Jam 1/25/18 Love on the Ledge: Have your Wedding on The Skydeck at the Willis Tower
- BuzzFeed 2/5/14 – 12 Breathtaking Views From The World’s Coolest Towers
- CNN Travel 1/2/14 – 50 states, 50 spots for 2014
- CNN Travel 9/2/13 – 12 awesome-but-scary viewing platforms
- GO Girl Travel Network 8/18/13 – Go Girl Tours Skydeck Chicago
- USA Today 8/13/13 – Big city destinations teens love
- Four Seasons Magazine 4/17/13 – Things to do in Chicago with kids
- National Geographic 2/11/13 – Willis Tower view, Chicago
Skydeck Chicago Media Kit
Skydeck Chicago Photos
Here is a preview of the images included in the Photos – Skydeck Chicago zip file. You can click on the thumbnails to preview the images. To download the full album click in the zip file link below.
Invalid Displayed Gallery
Photos – Skydeck Chicago (6.6MB ZIP)
Skydeck Chicago Events Photos
Here is a preview of the images included in the Photos – Skydeck Chicago Events zip file. You can click on the thumbnails to preview the images. To download the full album click in the zip file link below.
Invalid Displayed Gallery
Photos – Skydeck Chicago Events (4.6MB ZIP)
Making of the Ledge Photos
Here is a preview of the images included in the Photos – The Ledge, Making Of zip file. You can click on the thumbnails to preview the images. To download the full album click in the zip file link below.
Invalid Displayed Gallery
Photos – The Ledge, Making Of (3.5MB ZIP)
Other Media Kit Resources
- Photos – All courtesy of Skydeck Chicago at Willis Tower
- Carson Daly
- Wendell Middlebrooks
- Laura Gontchar from Celebrate Woman Today: “Totally breathtaking and memorable. It seems that the time had stopped up there.” -August 2013
- Ann Santori from Go Girl Travel Network: “For someone unfamiliar with the city (like myself) the contextual details added by Skydeck really make the experience.” -August 2013
- Katie Aune from KatieAune.com: “Overall, I was really impressed with the experience they have created for visitors to the Skydeck.” -August 2013
- Sarah from Toddling Around Chicagoland: “The view is amazing and you can truly see the whole city.” -August 2013
- Jim M.: “Just visited on Thursday with the wife and sons. Had a great time, very cool.”
- Everlyn S. C.: ”City 10, Fashion 10, Food 10 & an amazing moment @ the balcony.”
- Byran T.: “ We had a blast in Chicago, if it wasn’t a 8 hour drive we would be back this weekend!”
- Carol J.: “Thanks for the most fantastic experience! Skydeck rocks!”
- Michelle N.: “This was the highlight of our trip to Chicago!”
- Yahoo.com: The Most American Experience in Every Sate, Illinois “Sometimes to appreciate the greatness of our country, you need to see it from a different perspective, The Ledge, on the 103rd floor of Willis Tower in Chicago allows you to just that. The Chicago River, the shores of Lake Michigan, and the iconic Wrigley Field lie 1,353 feet below you, giving you an unparalleled view of the third largest city in the country.” – January 2016
Schedule a Media Tour
Skydeck Chicago welcomes hundreds of media professionals each year. Advance notice is preferred to best accommodate the media and our spokespeople. We strongly encourage an interview with our spokespeople as there are many colorful experiences and interesting factoids to be shared.
General Skydeck Information:
(312) 875-9447 (Monday-Friday 8:30AM to 5PM)
(312) 875-9696 (24 hour automated line)
Information for Commercial Film Crews
Skydeck Chicago and Willis Tower require advance approval of all commercial film crews. Please e-mail your request, including desired shoot dates, the shoot location(s), a description of how the property/image will be represented, the size of crew, other shooting/equipment requirements and any applicable business terms, to email@example.com. Your request will be reviewed within 48 hours.
- Location Agreement
Approved commercial shoots require a Skydeck Chicago/Willis Tower location outlining filming parameters and the details specific to the shoot. A Certificate of Insurance is also required.
Any location fees are determined on a case-by-case basis, including the scope, time and needs of filming. For additional information, please e-mail your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org