2023 Chicago Botanic Garden Lightscape
Get into the holiday spirit with one of Chicagoland’s favorite holiday traditions: the 2023 Chicago Botanic Garden Lightscape! Located in Glencoe, the Chicago Botanic Garden Lightscape provides an escape to a winter wonderland filled with spectacular light displays, music, and more, all nestled in among nature’s splendor in the garden. Whether you’re looking for a fun family outing or a delightful winter date night, the Lightscape at the Chicago Botanic Garden is one option that you won’t want to overlook.
WHAT YOU’LL SEE IN THE CHICAGO BOTANIC GARDEN LIGHTS
There are simple holiday light displays that add a little sparkle, and then there’s the Chicago Botanic Garden Lightscape. Multiple breathtaking displays throughout the garden will ignite your imagination and lift your spirits as you stroll down the garden’s 1.25-mile trail. Some displays you can expect to see include:
- Winter Cathedral
- Lighted singing trees
- Twinkling glow of the Winter Cathedral
- Illuminated Zen garden
- Laser displays
- Instagram-worthy photo opportunities
- Hot beverage and snack stands
- Plenty of inventive surprises around every corner
Since your tickets are honored in either rain or shine, you’ll want to dress for the weather and be ready to enjoy a lovely, possibly chilly hour or two exploring the innovative Chicago Botanic Garden lights.
CHICAGO BOTANIC GARDEN LIGHTSCAPE TICKETS
Chicago Botanic Garden Lightscape tickets are available from November 10 through January 7, except for Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas. They are expected to sell out nightly, so purchase yours in advance.
- Standard adult tickets are $34 for non-members, $30 for members. Standard child tickets are $19 for members, $21 for non-members.
- Children under two are admitted for free, and the trail is stroller-friendly.
- Parking for non-garden members can be purchased in advance for $15 per vehicle—a significant discount compared to if you pay on arrival. If you don’t pay for parking in advance, it costs $25 per day. However, members always park for free.
- New flex tickets are $75, include the price of parking, and allow ticket-holders to enter the Chicago Botanic Garden Lightscape at any time between 4:30 and 9:00 PM.
- President’s Circle members can purchase VIP passes for $60 each. Pass holders can visit the Chicago Botanic Garden lights at any time during hours of operation.