Best Engagement Photo Locations in Chicago
Finding the rights spots to take engagement photos in Chicago is a big job. We live in one of the most architecturally dazzling places in the world, and the number of Chicago engagement photo opportunities are dizzying. To help you narrow down the selection, we’ve culled five of the best engagement photo locations in Chicago. Take a moment to learn about these top spots, including “The Ledge” at Skydeck Chicago, which provides the best view and the best Chicago engagement photo setting in the Midwest.
Top Five Best Chicago Engagement Photo Spots
- Ping Tom Park: This park is located along the river in Chinatown and features a bamboo garden and medieval Chinese pavilion. What’s more, the park is positioned, so that there are dozens of angels where your photographer can work the southern face of the skyline into your Chicago engagement photo.
- The Riverwalk: For decades, the Riverwalk was seen as an underdeveloped space downtown, but that’s no longer the case. Now it’s a thriving district full of restaurants and bars, and it features some of the best Chicago river views of iconic skyscrapers like the Tribune Tower, Wrigley Building, and Merchandise Mart. One trip to the Riverwalk, and you’ll have your pick of more than a few of the best engagement photo locations in Chicago.
- Chicago Cultural Center: Trust us, the interior of the Chicago Cultural Center is one of the most gorgeous places in the world. It first opened in 1897 and has primarily served as a grand reception building where Chicago mayors have welcomed foreign dignitaries, presidents, royalty, diplomats, and other visitors of high station. Naturally, the interior design of this building is as exquisite as they come. So many floors feature intricate mosaics, and nearly every room includes mahogany doors. Meanwhile, many of the walls feature green-veined Vermont and Carrera marble. And at the top of the building? A massive Tiffany dome.
- Lincoln Park Boardwalk: Located just south of the Lincoln Park Zoo, the Lincoln Boardwalk is a wooden path elevated above a wetland. Massive sunflowers tower over cattails and lily pads. Meanwhile, the entirety of the northern downtown skyline serves as a massive backdrop in what is a gorgeous marriage of natural and urban aesthetics.
- Museum Campus: The lake path that runs alongside the Shedd Aquarium and Adler Planetarium features a large lawn where you’ll enjoy what is debatably the best view of downtown. Here, you’ll be able to see all of Grant Park, Millennium Park, the entire eastern skyline, Michigan Avenue, the South Loop, and Lake Michigan. If you’re considering spots for engagement photos in Chicago, there’s only one better view in town, and that’s the one from The Ledge at Skydeck Chicago.
And Then There’s Skydeck Chicago
At Skydeck Chicago, we offer the best engagement photo location in Chicago. That may seem like a bold claim, but it’s self-evident, really. On the 103rd floor of Willis Tower at 1,453 feet in the air, The Ledge offers an unparalleled view of the entire Chicago metroplex, southern Lake Michigan, Wisconsin, Indiana, and Michigan. There’s no bigger view in the Midwest! Contact our associates to learn how we can help you plan your proposal, arrange engagement photos, and even host your engagement party!